Cycling 74 Max external using Microsoft Kinect SDK
dp.kinect is an external which can be used within the Cycling ’74 Max development environment to control and receive data from your Microsoft Kinect.
Setup and usage docs are available at https://github.com/diablodale/dp.kinect/wiki
- It is based on the official Microsoft Kinect platform. You will need at least v1.5.2 of the Kinect runtime/drivers to use this external.
- Extensive features including: face tracking, sound tracking, speech recognition, skeletal tracking, depth images, color images, point clouds, accelerometer, multiple Kinects, and more…
- It was primarily developed and tested against Max 6.x for 32 and 64-bit platforms. It has only been casually tested against Max 5.1.9.
- There are the same inlets and outlets as compared to my other external jit.openni. You can retype dp.kinect in the same max patcher box and quickly migrate to this external.
- I request you report any issues at https://github.com/diablodale/dp.kinect/issues
The dp.kinect software is free to use for a limited 14 day trial evaluation period. For all other uses, including commercial applications, you need to arrange for a license.
The online store is not yet available. For now, you may use the 14 day trial registration key included in the download. If you want to license dp.kinect before the online store is available, please email email@example.com. Other than those rights granted with a license, the following applies.
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. Unless otherwise specified, this software is only for your evaluation and non-commercial use. You may not modify, distribute, transmit, publish, license, decompile, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from or with the use of this software. I reserve the right to update these terms at any time during the beta period. The most current version of these terms can be viewed on this same web page.
I do support creative endeavors and artists. I am an artist myself. As such, I believe that artists should be compensated for their work. No starving artists! When an artist builds on the work of another, I believe that one artist should recognize the other. That recognition can come in many forms (e.g. attribution, compensation, or a beer). The license is simply the means to formalize that recognition in a durable way.
Here are examples which will need paid licenses
- Installation artist creating a work for a exhibition
- VJ performing in a local club
- Education class, university, or research
- Bundled as part of a software solution sold to multiple customers
- Used in the touring show of a performer, band, or DJ
- Used in an presentation or installation for an outside environment
Installation and Documentation
Documentation for dp.kinect is available at the wiki, in the descriptive information readily available in the Max inspector for dp.kinect, or implied with the usage examples in the included demo patcher.
The registration key (trial.dpreg) included with this download grants you the 14 day trial
evaluation period. If you would like to purchase a license before the online store is available please email firstname.lastname@example.org.